Walking in The Reign, Inc. is about meeting the spiritual, physical, economic and social needs of the helpless, needy and poor. Everything we do is Centered in Christ. Jesus met the physical and spiritual needs of those He ministered to. He fed the multitudes and healed the crippled, blind and lame but most importantly, He gave them eternal life.
Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. James 2:15,16
We believe that we must meet both the Spiritual and physical needs and that it would be worthless to the meet the physical needs without meeting the Spiritual needs. That is why we seek to do both.
WHERE IS BALAN?
Balan, Haiti is approximately 17.52 miles from Port-Au-Prince, Haiti (but takes approximately 45 minutes by car).
Balan, Haiti is inland from Port-Au-Prince (to the West) and is very close the the Dominican Republic border.
As of today Balan, Haiti has limited fresh water, no electricity, no official leadership, very little commerce and very little food.
OUR GOALS FOR BALAN
While praying for the people and Balan, Haiti and sharing the Gospel message…
Through our current initiatives in Balan, we/you/us are providing:
- Scholarships for over 300 Children to attend primary school through two school sponsorship programs.
- Supplemental income for the teachers salaries and the head master (at the Salvation Army School in Balan)
- Four women to cook the food and clean the cafeteria.
- Security for the Salvation Army School compound.
- Scholarships for continuing education for the teachers.
- Scholarship money and employment for our first college student (living and serving in the Balan community)
- Secondary Education Sponsorships allowing children to pursue higher education
- Home building projects
- Well drilling projects
- Land and Church purchase (in process)
- Children’s Church and discipleship programs
- Medical Clinic
- Community Center
- Business COOP’s (Chickens, Agriculture, Fishing, Sewing opportunities)
- Irrigation system for growing produce
- Church Celebration: Feed the attending members of church each Sunday after services:
Long Term Goals:
- Self-Sustaining Food Production (Garden Beds, Agriculture, Fishing)
- Power (Generator for Compound)
- Road Improvements
- Housing Improvements (see photos)
- Local Leadership, Administrative Order
- Reproducing Church
- Christian Discipleship